Saturday, August 13, 2005

Election threats by SMS in Malaysia

Four underworld figures, recently released from Simpang Renggam detention centre, sent out text messages to persuade about 2,300 party delegates into voting for certain individuals in the upcoming presidential elections in Malaysia. Sound interesting already. I wendy, sorry…I wanda, uh, I wonder(phew) if the four characters learned the art of coercition in the prison. Maybe, but probably not! Err, Vice-president Datuk Dr Chua Soi Lek, one of the eight vying for the four VP posts, said spreading such rumors and threats could mar the party’s image.

In my 20-year experience as division head, this is the first time I have seen a competition this fierce with some candidates resorting to unhealthy campaign tactics,
he said.
[Via The New Straits Times]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home