Friday, July 15, 2005

London texting


Bob Geldof promised us the greatest concert ever. In London's Hyde Park, hundreds of thousands of people gathered to see if he could pull it off. Live 8 also demonstrated the power of technology to influence a global agenda by using SMS message lotteries to allocate tickets, to interlink concerts via large monitor video feeds and create an illusion of interconnectedness, to distribute messages through downloads and video streams and to express political opinion through text messages sent from cellular phones. It captured the high moral ground on the humanitarian crisis of the moment: poverty in Africa. Technology sent an activist message around the world. Unfortunately, so did the bombs.

2 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi zyb: Interesting blog. I’ll save it in my favorites. I too have a blog about network marketing. <. Just in case, you’re interested in, network marketing check out my site. The company is endorsed by over 350 Pro Athletes. A good site for more information is http://www.globalwon-globalwon.com. Take Care

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi zyb: Interesting blog. I’ll save it in my favorites. I too have a blog about mlm. <. Just in case, you’re interested in, mlm check out my site. The company is endorsed by over 350 Pro Athletes. A good site for more information is http://www.globalwon-globalwon.com. Take Care

 

Post a Comment

<< Home