Sunday, June 12, 2005

Texting Mr. President


No, I’m not talking about Mr. George W. Bush, but about the Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. ‘The President and I just had a very long discussion about very important issues.’ I remember he said he is ready 24 hours a day to receive text message calls from people who want to complain to him about their problems.

Those who have problems can send a short-service-message (SMS) to me. My mobile phone is ready 24 hours a day to receive any message from anybody,
the state-run Antara news agency quoted Yudhoyono as saying on Saturday.
Yudhoyono said people who find government bureaucracy a stumbling block to getting things done can send messages to his mobile phone.
If you think (government officials) don't care, never come to you and your problems are left unsettled, my cellular phone is active 24-hours a day,
the president said.
P.s. Getting rid of bureaucracy using the sms. Right! This idea is beyond my cybernetical understanding. Getting rid of nonsense...now that should be an interesting presidential project! I'm not talking about the Indonesian Presidency here though...
[Via News 24 ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home